Reggiano & White Truffle Mashed Potatoes
The white truffle oil and Reggiano cheese take these mashed potatoes to a whole new level!
- 6 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes unpeeled
- 8 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 cloves medium garlic
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 Tbsp . Tastealotta White Truffle Oil
- 1 cup Reggiano cheese grated
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Freshly chopped flat leaf parsley for garnish optional
Dice potatoes, ensuring that the pieces are similar in size.
Place diced potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with hot water and add salt to taste.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce heat to maintain a rolling boil.
Cook until potatoes are fork tender.
While the potatoes are cooking, heat the half and half, butter and garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat and set aside.
Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain.
Mash the potatoes and add the half and half mixture, grated Asiago cheese and truffle oil.
Stir to combine.
Let stand 5 minutes to allow the mixture to thicken.