Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Tastealotta Italian Lemon Olive Oil & Parmesan Cheese
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts stem end trimmed off
- 2 large shallots thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Tastealotta Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Tastealotta Italian Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Using a mandolin, slicing disk of a food processor or a sharp knife, shave or thinly slice the Brussels sprouts.
In a large sauté pan, heat the Tastealotta Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the shallots until they just begin to caramelize at the edges.
Add the shaved Brussels sprouts and sauté, stirring frequently until they are just barely softened and begin to caramelize slightly at the edges.
Add the lemon juice and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper to taste; toss well to combine.
Serve drizzled with the Italian Lemon Olive Oil and shaved Parmesan cheese.