Fresh Pesto Pasta with Shrimp & Scallops
A super quick yet elegant option for dinner!
- 2 Tbsp . pesto
- 1/4 cup Vidalia onion finely diced diced
- 1/2 small green squash
- 1/2 small yellow squash
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp . Tastealotta Extra Virgin Oilve Oil
- 1 Tbsp Tastealotta Italian Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 large fresh tomato rough chopped
- 2 cups (packed fresh spinach)
- 12 large shrimp cleaned
- 6 scallops
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp . Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups cooked pasta
- juice of half a lemon
Cook shrimp and scallops in very hot pan using 1 tablespoon each of Tastealotta Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Tastealotta Lemon Olive Oil for 5 minutes and transfer to a plate.
In the same pan, add the remaining olive oil, onion, squash and cook for approximately 5 minutes.
Add the tomato and garlic and cook 2 more minutes.
Add the shrimp, scallops, pepper flakes, pesto and pasta. Cook until warmed through.
Finish with spinach, Parmesan cheese and lemon juice.