- 2 pounds boneless skinless turkey breast cut into “turkey tenders”
- 1 medium yellow onion peeled and quartered
- 6 cloves garlic peeled and smashed
- 1 sprig fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup packed chopped cilantro
- Mexican rice accompaniment
- leaves Chopped cilantro for garnish
- corn tortillas on the side
- Mole Sauce
- 8 dried ancho chilies stemmed and seeded
- 4 pasilla chilies
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 5 Tbsp . Tastealotta Chipotle Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Tbsp . pumpkin seeds
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 pieces cinnamon stick broken into
- 3 black peppercorns
- 1/2 Tsp . coriander seeds
- 1/2 pieces corn tortilla torn into small
- 1/3 cup Tastealotta Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
- 3/4 Tsp . salt
In a large pot, place the turkey, quartered onion, garlic, oregano, and cilantro and cover with water by 2 inches. Bring to a boil.
Lower the heat and simmer until the turkey is just cooked through, 20 to 30 minutes. Reserve the poaching liquid.
In a large heavy dry skillet, toast the chilies to a deep brown color over medium-high heat, turning, 1 to 2 minutes.
Place in a bowl, cover with hot stock, and soak for 20 to 30 minutes. Drain and transfer to a blender.
Puree the mixture, adding poaching liquid as necessary, to consistently blend.
In a large skillet or sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon of Tastealotta Chipotle Olive Oil over medium-high heat.
Add the toasted pumpkin seeds and stir until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
Drain on paper towels and add to the blender with the chilies.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the Tastealotta Chipotle EVOO in the pan over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring, until soft and starting to color, 6 to 7 minutes.
Add the cinnamon and coriander seeds and cook, stirring, until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
Add to the blender.
Increase the heat to medium- high, add the tortilla pieces, and cook until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add to the blender with enough of the chili soaking liquid (or chicken stocto puree to a paste.
Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons Tastealotta Chipotle EVOO in the skillet over medium heat.
Add the paste and simmer, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes.
Add 2 cups of chicken stock, the Tastealotta Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar, salt, and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat, and cook, stirring, to incorporate.
Add the cooked turkey and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes, adding more stock, as needed if the sauce becomes too thick, while basting the turkey occasionally as it cooks.
Remove from the heat and adjust the seasoning, to taste.
To serve, spoon the rice into the center of a large platter. Arrange the turkey and sauce over the top, garnish with chopped cilantro, and serve with hot corn tortillas.