Asparagus, Ham and Gruyere Frittata
Serve slices of this frittata with a simple salad of baby spinach or arugula dressed with Tastealotta Milanese Gremolata Olive Oil whisked with Tastealotta Sicilian Lemon White Balsamic Vinegar.
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes unpeeled, washed and cut into 1" pieces
- 2 cups fresh asparagus spears woody ends removed and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 bunch green onions finely chopped
- 1 cup Canadian bacon or smoked ham cut into 1" pieces (for meatless substitute mushrooms)
- 1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 8 large eggs whisked
- 1 Tsp . kosher salt or to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Tastealotta Arbequina EVOO
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Place the cut potatoes in a medium pan, cover with salted water and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil for 5 minutes, drain and reserve.
In a large, heavy, oven-proof skillet heat the Tastealotta Arbequina EVOO over medium high heat.
Add the potatoes and cook until golden brown, turning once.
Add the green onions and asparagus. Sauté over medium heat for another 2 minutes.
Whisk together the eggs, salt, cheese and pepper.
Pour over the potatoes directly into the skillet. Shake the skillet gently to distribute the egg mixture.
Place the skillet into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the egg mixture is set and the top is golden brown.
Remove from the oven and run a knife along the inside perimeter to loosen from the pan.
Cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before inverting onto a serving place. Using a sharp knife (or pizza cuttecut into pie-size pieces to serve.