Summer Watermelon Salad with Feta
A bright sweet/salty salad for summertime!
- 1 pound watermelon rind removed, seeds removed and cut into bite size pieces, 5
- 1 red onion thinly sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup Tastealotta Citrus Mint White Balsamic Vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mild Tastealotta Extra Virgin Olive Oil recommend Arbequina
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh spearmint leaves
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 6 whole mint sprigs
In a small bowl, whisk together the Tastealotta Citrus Mint White Balsamic Vinegar, salt and pepper.
Continue whisking while slowly adding Tastealotta Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Add in the chopped spearmint, taste and adjust seasonings. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the melon, onion (if using), and feta.
Pour the dressing over the melon mixture and toss gently until everything is coated and evenly mixed.
Garnish with mint sprigs.