Kale, Quinoa and Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
Delicious and so good for you!
- 2 cups raw peeled butternut squash cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 cups prepared quinoa cooled
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds toasted
- 1/2 cup shaved Pecorino
- 6 cups baby kale washed
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp. Tastealotta EVOO
- 1/3 cup + 2 Tbsp. Tastealotta Grapefruit White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp minced shallot
- 2 Tbsp grainy mustard
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk 2 tablespoons each of Tastealotta EVOO and Tastealotta Grapefruit White Balsamic Vinegar.
Add the cubed butternut squash and toss to dress.
Place the butternut squash in a single layer on the baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes or until the squash becomes golden brown. Allow to cool.
In a blender or food processor, add all of the dressing ingredients and process to combine well. Adjust seasoning accordingly.
Combine 1/2 of the butternut squash, quinoa and kale. Arrange on a large platter, add some dressing and toss to combine.
Add the remaining butternut squash over the top, sprinkle with the toasted pumpkin seeds and add shaved Pecorino.
Drizzle with additional dressing as desired.