All American Meatloaf
The Espresso Vinegar and Roasted Sesame Oil add a delicious twist to a standard favorite meal - meatloaf!
- 1 pound meatloaf mix (beef veal, pork)
- 2 – 3 stalks celery chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 Tbsp . Extra Virgin Olive Oil your choice
- 1 Tsp . fresh chives finely chopped
- 1 Tsp . fresh thyme finely chopped
- 1 Tsp . parsley finely chopped
- 1 Tsp . Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tsp . Espresso Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tsp . Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup Panko
- 1 large egg
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350⁰.
Heat a medium sauté with EVOWhen the oil is hot, add the celery and onions and cook, stirring until softened.
Add the garlic and cook for 1 – 2 minutes longer.
Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
Place the other ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
Add the cooled onion/celery/garlic mixture and mix until the ingredients are well combined and everything is evenly distributed.
Place a piece of parchment paper on a sheet pan (it should have sides at least 1 ½ inches high). Place the meat on the sheet pan and form into a loaf.
Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake 55 – 60 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers an internal temperature of at 160⁰.
Remove the meatloaf from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes.