Tastealotta EVOO Dark Chocolate Pot de Creme with Blood Orange Whipping Cream
This picture certainly speaks for itself - lovely dark chocolate topped with Blood Orange flavored whipped cream. YUM!!
- Dark Chocolate Pot de Creme
- 12 ounces high-quality bittersweet chocolate chips or chopped
- 3 cups Half & Half
- 6 large egg yolks
- 8 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup Tastealotta Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Blood Orange Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Tastealotta Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
Place the chocolate and olive oil in a blender.
Whisk the Half & Half, egg yolks, granulated sugar and salt in a heavy-bottomed medium saucepan over medium heat.
Sir the mixture constantly, making sure to scrape the bottom and edge of the pot with a heatproof spoon or spatula so that the mixture does not burn.
Continue to stir until the the custard coats the spoon and almost begins to simmer, about 5 minutes.
Immediately pour the custard over the olive oil and chocolate in the blender. Cover and hold the lid with a thick kitchen towel; blend until combined and smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
Divide the chocolate mixture among 6 ramekins or cups and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
Whip the cream, vanilla and Tastealotta Blood Orange Olive Oil with the confectioners' sugar with a mixer or in the blender until soft peaks form.
Top the chilled pots de creme with whipped cream before serving.