Mashed Golden Cauliflower with Koroneiki EVOO & Roasted Garlic
If your family thinks dinner is not complete without mashed potatoes, you have to try this recipe!
- 4 cups fresh cauliflower in small pieces - florets only
- 3 cups lightly salted water or chicken stock
- 1/3 cup creme fraiche
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons fresh peppery, extra virgin olive oil (such as Tastealotta Koroneiki)
- 1/3 cup + 2 tablespoons Pecorino Romano grated
- 3 cloves large whole garlic roasted
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives finely minced or snipped
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- fresh ground pepper to taste
Place the florets and water or chicken stock to a simmer in a medium pot.
Simmer for 6 minutes, and drain thoroughly.
Place the still hot, drained florets in a large bowl with the creme fraiche, olive oil, roasted garlic, Pecorino, salt, and pepper.
With an immersion blender (stick blender), processes the ingredients until just pureed or to desired consistency.
To finish, drizzle with additional grated Pecorino, a drizzle of olive oil, and chives.