St. Patrick's Day Soda Bread with Tastealotta Basil Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Pairs wonderfully with Shepherd's Pie to soak up the delicious gravy!
- 1 Tsp . freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups flour cake or all purpose
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 Tbsp . Tastealotta Sun Ripened Tomato Salt
- 1 1/2 Tsp . baking soda
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts toasted
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese divided
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup Tastealotta Basil Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Grease a large baking sheet.
In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, 2 teaspoons Tastealotta Sun Ripened Tomato Salt, baking soda and black pepper.
Add the buttermilk and mix until just combined. (Note: The mixture will be sticky - add up to 2 tablespoons of additional flour if needed to help the mixture come together.)
Add the sun dried tomatoes, pine nuts and 2/3 cup of Parmesan cheese. Mix until combined.
Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and place on the prepared baking sheet.
Cut an "X" in the top of each and sprinkle with the remaining teaspoon of salt and the remaining 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese.
Bake 12-15 minutes until golden brown, rotating pan halfway through baking time.