Italian Lemon Sugar Cookies
A little piece of spring sunshine in each cookie!
- 2/3 cup Tastealotta Italian Lemon Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 Tsp . vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp . lemon zest one large lemon
- 2 Tbsp . fresh lemon juice
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 Tsp . baking powder
- 1/2 Tsp . baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp . salt
- powdered sugar for dusting cookies
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Lightly coat baking sheets with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In a mixer bowl, add Tastealotta Italian Lemon Olive Oil, 1 cup sugar, egg, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
Add dry ingredients and mix until well blended.
Drop by teaspoonful's into sugar and roll until well coated.
Place on prepared baking sheets.
Bake 8 minutes, cool on wire racks and dust with powdered sugar.
Yield: approximately 3 dozen cookies