It may look sinful but it's not thanks to the addition of white whole wheat flour, Tastealotta Italian Lemon Olive Oil honey, yogurt, and fresh berries. This lightly sweetened muffins are divine toasted and buttered for breakfast or simply enjoyed as a light snack.
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 cups ground whole grain corn meal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk yogurt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Tastealotta Italian Lemon Olive Oil
- fresh grated zest from one lemon
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
Preheat the oven to 400F.
Grease or line muffin cups or miniature loaf pans.
In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
In a separate bowl mix the wet ingredients and lemon zest. In three separate additions, add the went ingredients to the dry, scraping down the bowl.
Gently fold in the berries.
Fill the muffin cups or loaf pans halfway with batter. Bake in the center of oven for 20 - 25 minutes until a tester inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Makes 18 standard size muffins or one dozen muffins and one large or two miniature loaf pans.