- 1 pound (3 1/4 cup+ 2 tbs. all-purpose flour
- tablespoon •1 sea salt
- •2 sticks softened unsalted butter plus more for pans
- cup •1/2 Tastealotta Lemon Olive Oil
- cup •1/2 sour cream
- cups •2 sugar
- teaspoon •1 pure vanilla extract
- •9 large room-temperature eggs
- tablespoons •2 sanding sugar
- For the Lemon Curd
- cup •3/4 freshly squeezed lemon juice
- tablespoon •1 lemon zest
- teaspoons •2 cornstarch
- •2 whole large eggs plus 2 large yolks
- Tbs •4 .of Tastealotta Butter Olive Oil
- cup •1 granulated sugar
- Chantilly Cream
- cups •2 heavy whipping cream chilled
- cup •1/3 granulated sugar
- teaspoons •2 good quality vanilla extract
- Fresh Berries
- pints •2 of fresh berries such as strawberries black berries, raspberries and or blueberries, halved
- cup •1/2 Tastealotta Peach White Balsamic
Pound Cake Directions
1.Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter two 5 - by - 9 - inch loaf pans. Combine 3 1/4
2.cups flour and salt in a bowl.
3.Cream butter, sour cream, and sugar with a mixer on high speed until pale and fluffy, for 8 minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl. Reduce speed to medium, and add vanilla extract.
4.Lightly beat eggs with the lemon extra virgin olive oil, and add to mixer bowl in 4 additions, mixing thoroughly after each and scraping down sides. Reduce speed to low, and add flour mixture in 4 additions, mixing until just incorporated. Divide batter between pans. Tap on counter to distribute; smooth tops.
5.Before baking, sprinkle sanding sugar over each cake. Bake until a tester inserted into center of each cake comes out clean, about 65 minutes. Let cool in pans on a wire rack for 30 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire rack.
Directions for the Lemon Curd
Whisk together lemon zest, juice, sugar, cornstarch, eggs, and yolks in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly. Boil, for 2 minutes while whisking constantly. Remove from heat and whisk in the butter extra virgin olive oil until smooth.
Chantilly Cream Directions
In the bowl of a mixer, whip cold cream to light peaks. Add sugar and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
Macerate (soathe fresh berries in the peach white balsamic for 15 minutes before assembling the trifle.
To Assemble The Trifle
Cut one pound cake loaf in to one inch cubes. Add 1/3 of the pound cake cubes to the bottom of your trifle dish. Use a pastry brush to dab Tastealotta Peach White Balsamic on to the pound cake.
Next, layer with 1/2 cup of lemon curd. Arrange 1/3 of the berries decoratively along the perimeter of the trifle dish, covering the layer of lemon curd. Add 1/2 cup of the chilled Chantilly Cream over the berries. Repeat these layer two more times ending with a layer of Chantilly Cream on top. Allow the trifle to rest, covered and chilled, for three hours before serving Garnish with fresh berries and a mint sprig.
Serves 10 - 12 generously