Olive Oil and Food Pairing TipsNovember 10, 2018
Olive Oil Health BenefitsJanuary 8, 2019
Olive Oil Is Good for More Than Cooking
Olive oil is wonderful for cooking, but there are so many health and beauty benefits of olive oil. We will explore some of them today and inspire you in new ways of using olive oil in your daily health and beauty regimes.
Olive Oil Skin Benefits
Olive oil has been used for centuries for olive oils many benefits to skin. We explore some great uses for olive oil and your skin below:
- After your bath, don’t towel dry completely, leave some moisture on your skin and apply a few spoonfuls of olive oil liberally all over your body, rub in, and then towel dry. It will leave your skin silky smooth and nourished.
- Try olive oil as a mask. After your shower, leave some moisture on your face and rub in a spoonful of olive oil on your face, neck and decolletage area. If your skin is very dry rub in and leave overnight, if your skin is oily or combination skin rinse off with lukewarm water.
- You can use olive as part of a recipe for a gentle face and body exfoliant. All you need is 1/3 cup yogurt, 1/4 honey, and 2 teaspoons olive oil. This is a wonderful beauty mask. Mix the ingredients together until thick and apply the solution to your face or body and leave on for about 20 minutes. Wash the solution off with warm water and feel how silky your skin feels.
- Olive oil is a natural makeup and eye makeup remover. Us the solution above as a makeup remover and rinse with warm water. You may use olive oil straight out of the bottle as an eye makeup remover using a cotton pad dipped in the oil. It’s a very gentle way of removing eye makeup and leaving your eye area nourished.
- Olive oil has anti-aging properties. Using a combination of 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and a pinch of sea salt, you can produce a simple facial exfolloiant. Be gently to your face, don’t scrub hard and follow up with moisturizer. This is also a great solution for rough elbows and knee caps when you want them soft again.
- Olive oil is a great after sun preparation. Mix olive oil and aloe vera juice in about a 4 to 1 ratio, 4 parts aloe vera to 1 part olive oil. It helps take the sting out of sunburn while moisturizing your skin at the same time.
- Lips get dry in the summer from sun and the winter from cold and wind. Making a lip scrub from olive oil can plump them up and nourish them again. Take brown sugar with a few drops of olive oil and a dash of lemon juice and gently scrubbed your chapped lips. The olive help helps smooth and nourish your lips making them feel yummy again.
- Cracked heels, olive oil to the rescue. Exfoliate your heels using raw sugar and olive oil, then soak your heels in lemon and olive oil infused water and towel dry. Your heels will thank you. You can also follow up with an extra dollop of olive oil rubbed in your heels and wearing socks to bed if your heels need extra treatment.
Olive Oil Hair Benefits
Whether your hair is curly or straight, dry or oily or somewhere in between olive oil has great benefits for your hair. Olive oil is rich with vitamin E that fights hair loss and other great benefits for your hair. Some simple tips to enhance your hair health follow.
- Create an organic conditioner for your hair with ingredients available in your kitchen. Mix 1/2 cup olive oil with 2 tablespoons honey and 1 egg yolk, whisk together to form a paste and apply to your washed hair, leave on about 20 minutes, and rinse out with warm water and follow with your usual conditioner.
- Try an olive oil massage for your hair. Heat up a small cup of olive oil so it is warm but not hot. Apply the warmed oil on your scalp and hair ends and massage your scalp. You may also cover your hair with a plastic shower cap to retain the heat, Leave on for about 20 minutes and wash your hair as usual.
Olive Oil Nail Benefits
Whether you are young or old, have short nails or long nails, your nails can benefit from what olive oil has to offer. Olive oil can improve your nail health. The vitamin E in olive oil feeds your nails helping them to be stronger and more resilient.
- Dip a cotton ball in olive oil and apply to nails and cuticles. Massage the oil and leave on for about 20-30 minutes and rinse off with warm water. For a stronger treatment apply before bedtime and wear gloves overnight for a deep treatment and wash off in the morning.
At Tastealotta we have a wide variety of olive oils to choose from, both for cooking and beauty needs. Be sure to come into our store in Lemoyne, PA or visit our online store to view our wonderful selection of olive oils.