Easy & Delicious Super Bowl Snacks
Super Bowl Sunday is right around the corner and one of the things that goes on the To-Do list is great Super Bowl snacks. Well, you can depend on Tastealotta for some great Super Bowl Sunday snacks made with our delicious olive oil!
We have you covered with bruschetta to simple olive oil dipping recipes to a really yummy olive oil and artichoke dip! These recipes are easy to put together so you can enjoy the Super Bowl and half time show also. All of these recipes pair up well with beer, wine or hard cider and will keep your company well fed Super Bowl Sunday.
We love that this Italian Bruschetta recipe can be prepped completely ahead of time and then just popped under the broiler to finish when your Super Bowl company is ready to eat.
- 1 loaf sourdough bread-will yield about 16-24 diagonal slices per loaf
- Olive oil-enough to brush both sides of cut sourdough bread
- 1 couple of jars of roasted tomatoes with herbs
- Italian prosciutto, thinly sliced-1-2 piece per slice of sourdough bread
- Mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced, a slice per slice of bread
- Endive- 1 sprig of endive per finished bruschetta
- Rosemary twigs for toppers-1 per slide of bruschetta
- Cut as many slices diagonally as you wish from a 1 pound loaf of sourdough bread
- Brush both sides of the sliced sourdough bread with olive oil and put on a cookie sheet to toast both sides, watch carefully
- Once the sliced sourdough is toasted on both sides place a couple of roasted tomatoes, then a slice or two of procuitto, top with a thinly sliced piece of mozzarella cheese, and a sprig of rosemary
- Return the prepared bruschetta to the oven and broil until the cheese melts
- Top each slice of bruschetta with a sprig of endive and serve
Tastealotta Olive Oil Dipping Sauce
There is nothing better than fresh sourdough bread and a great dipping sauce, especially teamed with our delicious slow cooker soups for Super Bowl Sunday.
- 1/2 cup Tastealotta Olive Oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 loaf Sourdough bread for dipping , sliced and then sliced in half again
- All your ingredients can be combined raw and blended, the way many Italian restaurants prepare their dipping sauces, but at Tastealotta we like one extra step to meld the flavors and bring out their richness.
- In a frying pan over medium heat add the olive oil and minced garlic to the pan, saute till the garlic starts to go limp and get some color.
- Add all the other ingredients except the Parmesan cheese and combine and whisk for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the frying pan from the heat and decant into your dipping bowl or dipping plate, sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and serve.
Decadent Artichoke & Cheese Dip
Many times artichoke and cheese dip is way too cheesy and you can hardly taste the artichokes. Our solution is a new take on the traditional artichoke and cheese dip follows and it is yummy! Still not uber healthy, but made much more so with the inclusion of olive oil.
- Kirkland Signature Artichoke Hearts-2 jars
- 2- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 3 cups of Parmigiano Reggiano cheese shaved
- 1/2 cup Tastealotta EVOO
- 4 lemons juiced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon crushed red peppers
- 2- 10 ounce chopped organic frozen spinach, thawed and moisture squeezed out
- Himalayan sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Olive oil spray or coat souffle dish with butter to prepare for baking
- Combine the cream cheese, shaved Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, and red pepper flakes into a large bowl and mix till combined well
- Drain the artichoke hearts and chop, add to cheese mixture
- Add thawed, drained and chopped spinach to the cheese mixture and mix well
- Decant the cheese mixture into your prepared baking dish or souffle dish and bake for approximately 20-25 minutes and until the top is nicely browned, serve warm
You can count on Tastelatta to help supply you with all the ingredients you need for a winning Super Bowl Sunday array of appetizers and dips. Be sure to visit our store this week and choose one of our tasty slow cooker soups to team up with your game day appetizers.