Asparagus Wrapped with Smoked Turkey Breast and Quince Mousse
A lovely springtime appetizer or light lunch!
- 1 pound fresh asparagus woody ends removed
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey breast thinly sliced
- 1 cup cream cheese softened
- 2 Tbsp . quince preserves
- 1 Tsp . sriracha hot sauce
- Tastealotta Arbequina EVOO
- Tastealotta Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
Fill an appropriately sized pan with salted water and bring to a boil.
Fill a large bowl with ice and water.
In a food processor, blend softened cream cheese, quince preserves and hot sauce.
Immerse asparagus in boiling, salted water. Return to boil and boil for 1 minute.
Immediately drain and immerse in ice water.
Slice each slice of turkey breast into three strips.
Spread quince mousse on each strip of turkey breast.
Wrap a strip of prepared turkey breast around each spear of asparagus - do not cover the tip of the asparagus spear.
Arrange on a platter - drizzle with Tastealotta Arbequina EVOO and sprinkle with Tastealotta Himalayan Pink Sea Salt.
Serve cool at room temperature.